Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Lots of ideas!



Pictures found here.

Some of my favorite tips from articles that can be read here:




◦If you keep bolts of material and if you have the space, place two open backed bookcases together. Most average size ones will fit a bolt of fabric nicely.

◦Decorative glass jars can be used for small items such as buttons and bobbins

Peg board has rows and rows of holes that you can hang hooks and pegs in. This solves your problem of spools of thread and bobbins. Mom also hung all her scissors on the peg board, tape measures. LOTS of notions can be hung
•Use a mirror with 3 sides if you can spare the space . It gives you the best idea of what a garment looks like.
•Use a power strip on a table or easy to reach area rather than under your machine where you have to constantly bend under to turn it on and off

•Use a bulletin board to display projects, material used, sewing ideas or needs list.

•Store everything that you need for a current project in a box. Include the material, pattern, lining, buttons or any embellishments.




Pictures found here

4 comments:

Callie said...

I just love your blog!

Brooke said...

I actually love sewing! I'm not very great at it but I'm practicing. I'll keep up with following your blog for sure. Maybe you'd like to see mine? (iSeagullBeach.blogspot.com) It's mainly about photography and a bunch of other stuff, but you never know!

Unknown said...

How great! Thanks for posting those pictures. . . makes me want an upstairs sewing room to renovate. . . or even just a corner of my bedroom. . . ah. . . if I could just find that elusive corner. Not much space for a sewing corner in a 10X10 bedroom. . . especially if you collect books and craft supplies as madly as I do. :D

Love the organizing Ideas and I'm looking forward to seeing how your 'Upstairs Sewing Room' turns out!!

(By the way. . . the walls in those pictures are just about my favorite color. :D)

Zoe said...

sewing and making i s just one of my loves, those rooms are so pretty they are gorgeous images